My brother was in town over the weekend. We went on a DART tour Saturday, going up to Howth (the northern end). It was the best weather day yet here, and we did a beautiful 4.5 mile hike/walk. Later we went to Malahaide and found Malahide Castle in a huge park just in time for it to be closed :( Then we went south to Bray on the train, just to see the southern-most point. I took him to the Porterhouse (Temple Bar) later, which amazingly doesn't serve Guinness - oops. But they have the most amazing fruit beer called Floris. Yummm.
Sunday, we went via train to visit our cousins in Co. Roscommon. They had us drinking Jameson on the rocks (and a bit of pop :), just for the craic. I don't think I've ever had more than a sip of that before! I think I've sampled all the typical Irish alcohol varieties at this point, so Irish customs will probably clear me as OK to leave without any hassles :). Check, check, and check.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment